Saturday, February 11, 2012

First 2 treatments

I had my first chemo treatment on Friday, January 27.  I actually ended up sleeping through pretty much the entire treatment.  The whole thing takes about 4 hours because they run blood tests and I meet with my doctor before each treatment.  The actual infusion is probably 2-3 hours.
The first treatment took quite a bit out of me.  I ended up sleeping all day Friday, most of Saturday, taking it easy Sunday and then needing another big nap on Monday.  But by Tuesday I felt much better.
I had my second treatment yesterday (Feb. 10) and I seem to be reacting to it much better - not quite so tired.  But the treatment itself was much harder.  I didn't sleep through it and the IV was very uncomfortable.  The nurses in the infusion center were very nice and they encouraged me to get a port put in my chest to make it easier.  I'm not excited about getting the port - it's another surgery - but the nurses said it would help a lot.

1 comment: