Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Blessings

Throughout this "challenging" (shall we say) time, the thing that keeps coming up the most for me is just how blessed I am in my life.  It is so easy to go through life on a daily basis and take for granted all that I have, especially when dealing with the daily BS that always comes up.  But then something comes and knocks you out of your oblivion and you can't see anything the same again.  Cancer has done that for me.  What an amazing thing to have (in no particular order):
Parents who have literally dropped everything to help me through this, taking me to appointments, making sure all my needs are met (and even making sure my cat's needs are met!).
Friends who have been non-stop supportive with texts and emails as well as some of the coolest, most thoughtful gifts possible.
A larger network of people praying for me and sending me notes and cards to make sure I can't feel alone for even one second.
A great job that has given me all the freedom I need to get through this, never once complaining about my crazy schedule or missed work.
The best health insurance money can buy so that I can have the best treatment and just about guarantee a successful recovery.

I can't imagine what this would be like if I were missing any one of these things.  Although cancer SUCKS (and it really does suck), I feel luckier and more blessed than any other time in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment